ZBrushCentral

First Anniversary of ZBrushCentral ! (April 2002)

<font color=#FFa000 size=4>
Happy Birthday ZBC!
</font>
<font color=#f0f0f0>

This week marks the first anniversary of our favorite online community <font color=#FFa000 size=2> ZBrushCentral </font><font color=#f0f0f0>!

That’s right: one year ago this week, you began sharing your images, tips,
tricks and tutorials with other ZBrush users. In that short time the ZBC
community has grown to nearly 2,000 members and more than 40,000 posts. Some
of you “two-star generals” (you know who you are) have even posted more than
2,000 individual posts!

So first of all, we want to thank each of you for your participation in this
growing forum.

Second, we want to invite all you “lurkers” to pop in and say hello – it’s
okay, we won’t bite!

Third, we want to open up this thread to memories of year one. What’s your
favorite memory of the past year? Do you remember an outstanding tutorial,
compelling image, inspiring tip, or just a really funny joke?

Just for fun, here’s a little look back at the history of ZBrush, Pixologic
and of course, ZBrushCentral.

Thank you all for a wonderful year!

The Pixologic Team :slight_smile:

<font color=#FFa000 > September 12, 1999</font>
Pixologic launches a newly-designed website, in preparation for the release of the ZBrush Free Demo.

<font color=#FFa000 >September 27, 1999</font>
The ZBrush demo version .86 is released.

<font color=#FFa000 > November 9, 1999 </font>
New ZTools and a new version .88 are available for download from Pixologic.

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__garrr.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 > December 8, 1999</font>
Pixologic announces that the release of the ‘ZBrush Debut Version’ .90 is available for purchase.

<font color=#FFa000 > December 19, 1999</font>
The v.90 demo is available for download.

<A HREF=“http://pixologic.com/news/news01.html” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 > January 2000</font>
ZBrush receives the Editor’s Choice: Promising Beta Award from 3D Magazine.
“It’s the freshest concept to come along in quite a while.”

<A HREF=“http://pixologic.com/news/news02.html” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 > January 2000</font>
ZBrush receives the 1999 Inovation Award from Computer Graphics World.
“…create 3D content without calculations, wireframes, or NURBS.”

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__horseandcarriage.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >February 25, 2000</font>
ZBrush version .95 is available as a free download for registered customers of ZBrush. The demo version is also available for download.

<font color=#FFa000 >March 7, 2000</font>
The first installment of the Online Reference Manual is available for download.

<font color=#FFa000 >July 2000</font>
ZBrush is awarded Best of show at MacWorld Expo by Macweek.com.
The show was a tremendous success as we exhibited ZBrush to enthusiastic crowds of digital artists from around the world.

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__torrr.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >August 15, 2000</font>
The ZBrush commercial version 1.0 is available for PC.

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__morrris.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >August 29, 2000</font>
The ZBrush demo version 1.03 is available for Macintosh.

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__zorrr.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >September 15, 2000</font>
The ZBrush demo version 1.03b is available for download.

<font color=#FFa000 >January 2001</font>
ZBrush is awarded Best of Show at MacWorld Expo by Digital Media Net.
“I’ve been playing around with the prerelease version for some time now and have been enthralled with the program’s novel approach to art through a combination of 2D and 3D tools.”

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__marrra.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >January 9, 2001</font>
ZBrush version 1.1 for Mac is unveiled at MacWorld Expo.

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__grrrumpy.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >January 14, 2001</font>
ZBrush version 1.1 is released at MacWorld Expo.

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__antville.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >January 20, 2001</font>
ZBrush commercial version 1.11 is available for Mac.

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__chocolate.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >January 24, 2001</font>
ZBrush Commercial version 1.12 is available for PC

February 2001 ZBrush receives the Golden Pixie Award from Animation Magazine
“ZBrush can do things no other Paint Program can.”

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__artifact2.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >Febuary 1, 2001 ZBrush 1.13</font>
is available for both Mac and Windows - The fiber tool and 3D Copy make their first appearance.

<A HREF=“http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/user-gallery/_alon/020312__goldyown.jpg” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >February 6, 2001 ZBrush 1.2</font>
is released at the Game Developers Conference.

<font color=#FFa000 >April 19, 2001</font>
ZBrush Central opens to give ZBrushers and Pixologic a place to share tutorials, tips, images, and a few good laughs.

<font color=#FFa000 >April 22, 2001</font>
Pixolator announces a hidden tool in ZBrush version 1.13. (This tool was made obsolete by the Multi-Marker tool in version 1.2.

<font color=#FFa000 >April 24, 2001</font>
The Polymesh tutorial is posted. (Made obsolete by Multi-Markers)

<font color=#FFa000 >April 25, 2001</font>
Pixolator posts the ‘Daily dose of fiber fun’ tutorial.

<font color=#FFa000 >April 28, 2001</font>
Pixolator posts the ‘3D Texturing Made Easy’ - This is made somewhat obsolete by the TextureMaster ZScript available in version 1.23b.

<font color=#FFa000 >April 30, 2001</font>
Pixolator posts the ‘Transparency and Shadows’ tutorial.

<font color=#FFa000 >May 2, 2001</font>
A petition is started to get a ZBrush gallery at Renderosity, and the petition resulted in the creation of a ZBrush Gallery is within hours. Click on the image for a direct link the ZBrush Gallery at Renderosity. Click here to see the petition thread at ZBC.

<font color=#FFa000 >May 18, 2001</font>
Pixolator introduces the Proposed Forum Rule ‘121’. (This image is taken from the test ‘121’ thread)

<font color=#FFa000 >May 27, 2001</font>
Quicklinks is born.
A categorized listing including Downloadable ZScripts and Tutorials, Tips, Tricks, and much more…

<font color=#FFa000 >June 3, 2001</font>
Recognize this picture? This is a first time we got a glimpse of the image that is now used as the ZBrush splash screen and on the CD case.

<font color=#FFa000 >July 13, 2001</font>
Pixolator announces the release of ZBrush 1.23.

<font color=#FFa000 >July 26, 2001</font>
Davey announces the release of the new ZBrush 1.23 manual - Although technically, frogdot beat us to it!

<font color=#FFa000 >August 7, 2001</font>
ZBrush 1.23b is released!

<font color=#FFa000 >August 20, 2001</font>
ZBrush 1.23b Demo is now available for download.

<A HREF=“http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001312” TARGET=_blank>
</A>
<font color=#FFa000 >August 27, 2001</font>
Pixolator posts the AlphaCentury ZScript.

<font color=#FFa000 >September 7, 2001</font>
Pixolator posts the ‘Rusted Golden Idol’ Tutorial.

<font color=#FFa000 >September 9, 2001</font>
The ‘Make A wish’ Forum is announced.

<font color=#FFa000 >September 16, 2001</font>
The ZBrush forum reached 10,000 posts!

<font color=#FFa000 >October 1, 2001</font>
ZBrushCentral reaches 1,000 members.

<font color=#FFa000 >October 8, 2001</font>
Our first member reaches 1000 indvidual posts.

<font color=#FFa000 >October 19, 2001</font>
Pixolator posts the TextureMaster tutorial/utility ZScript.
TextureMaster includes a comprehensive, 5-chapter tutorial on texturing, ranging from the basics to advanced concepts. Also included are tips on importing objects, creating morph targets, and working with UV coordinates.

<font color=#FFa000 >October 25, 2001</font>
The ZScript Library at Pixologic is announced. (Aurick beat us to it this time)

<font color=#FFa000 >October 30, 2001</font>
Pixologic announces the opening of the ZBrush Halloween Gallery.

<font color=#FFa000 >November 2, 2001</font>
The ‘Sweet Thread’. ZBrushers are invited to post images of candy.

<font color=#FFa000 >December 3, 2001</font>
MacWorld announced that ZBrush has won the prestigious 2001 MacWorld Eddy Award for best illustration software.

<font color=#FFa000 >December 20, 2001</font>
ZBrushCentral reaches 20,000 posts.

<font color=#FFa000 >Decemeber 20, 2001</font>
Pixolator publishes a sneak preview of lighting features that will be available in an upcoming version - Indirect Illumination and Soft Shadows.

<font color=#FFa000 >January 10, 2002</font>
The MaterialPack ZScript is released.

<font color=#FFa000 >January 13, 2002</font>
The MaterialList ZScript is released.

<font color=#FFa000 >February 9, 2002</font>
The artist behind the art - the first ZBC Discussion thread.

<font color=#FFa000 >February 21, 2002</font>
The ZList ZScript is released.

<font color=#FFa000 >April 20, 2002</font>
The first anniversary of ZBrushCentral.

WHAT…Only a year???
What a tremendous anniversary, and I for one will be making it an official holiday in my life from now on!!!

Congratulations to PixoLogic, and to the wonderful team that makes it all go, as well as to the talented and great members…!

A Topological :+1: to us all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZBRUSH CENTRAL!!!

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

As for best memory? Geez I havn’t really been here that long. But so far? Probably the first time I ever saw Pixolator’s “Grrrumpy” Image. That alone made me purchase ZBrush and aspire to become a digital artist.

Cheers,

its been a tremendous first year here at zbc… alot of new members and a lot of new friends… all of this would not be possible with out the vision and the talent of the zbrush crew… thanks for making us part of our 3d software family… cheers zbc…and happy birthday to a class act…

Congrats to ZBrushCentral on it’s first anniversery. May it have thousands more anniverseries to come!

I’d say my favorite memories of last year have to do with any info having to do with the next version of ZBrush.
:smiley: It’s making me hungry!

Seriously, though, I think my fondest memory are the words of encouragement that Pixolator provided me in this thread Z-Witched - A New Image

Of course all the awsome tips and tutorials that I’ve learned from over the past year as well. :slight_smile:

Monstrously BIG congratulations to ZBrush Central-- I Love this Place !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :+1: :+1: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Happy Anniversary (especially to all you members who have been around the whole time). And thanks alot, Pixologic, for dominating about 1/3 of the hours in my day! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, I haven’t done anything artistic in years because, frankly, I was bored with the standard techniques. Your software, along with all the great people on ZBC, have given new life to an old love. Congratulations, and thank-you from the bottom of my heart.

Brian S. (Slosh)

I was lucky enough to get to see ZBrush being demonstrated live at the MacWorld expo in July 2000. There was an incredible crowd around this booth where this guy was drawing a flower in 3D on a big screen while another guy was explaining what was happening (Pix and Davey, I think). But I had no idea that getting connected with this software was also going to be an experience that would allow me to connect with other people who shared my excitement for this kind of creativity. I’m like Slosh, before ZBrush I really hadn’t done anything for years. Now I think and dream in ZBrush. I also hope other people will delurk and join in. This program and forum works on a very personal level :cool:

Congratulations ZBC!! I think my favorite moment was when I first started sharing and getting help. It really showed me people here want to help. It’s truly a fantastic program and the best forum I’ve had the honor to be part of.

I can’t name a favorite, because they are all my favorites. :slight_smile: Actually, the more I think about it, there IS a thread that really stands out in my mind. Size Matters by Impending is not only an astounding image, but its remarkable leaves led me to discover the techniques that I used for my butterfly pictures. Thank you, Joe!

It’s been said many, many times – this has got to be the friendliest place on the web. Whether inspiring one another with new innovations, sharing the secrets to those very same breakthroughs, or offering words of encouragement to a newbie who can’t figure out why he or she can’t edit that tool anymore (grin), you’ve all been a family. I’m proud to be in such great company.

Congrats to Pixologic for providing such a great forum, and another congratulations to the members who’ve made it special!

when i first seen zbrush i was like hmm, kewl, lol until i saw the zscipt stuff. then after watching pix model, i was like thats it. i have to have it. it was pix’s grumpy that really got me hooked. if i could recreate it i would for fun. Happy B-day Z.

Happy Birthday ZBC,
i love you all !!!

Thank You for this marvelous Forum. The members are truly fantastic.

cameyo

p.s. ZBRUSH is power and fun

Krippler Grummmpy got you in also?? I mentioned the same thing. The second I saw that image, I said “I have to have this program”

Ooooh I have another favorite, can I go again? please, please???

Does everyone remember the very first time they watched one of Pixolators ‘Modelling Samples’ ZScript??? I was so dumbfounded by this guys talent, and amazing software. I was stunned.

Thank you Pixolator for making my insomnia worse :slight_smile:

Happy Birthday ZBC!
This is very very good forum !!! Good good good people into forum !!! Good Moderator!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I’m fierce to do departs of this community!

After only 2/3 month here, I can, without a doubt, state that this is the most helpfull, friendliest, unjudgemental forum I have ever had the pleasure to be a member of.

Thanks to all, big and small :wink:

Happy birthday ZBC!

i am with Nova this forum rocks, the people here are always helping. Really thanks to all, and my congratulations to zbc and zbrush and all the team that make this posible! hope to buy the full version of zbrush soon, i am saving money but i am student and its difficult but well i really enjoy with the demo so i can´t wait to get the full version! =)

kiss!

Happy Birthday!
This forum is the finest example of what the internet experience should be! And that is due, entirely, to the people here!

Happy Birthday :ex: :ex: All I can say is that this program has changed my life in a very positive way. I think that the Zscripts are what really hooked me to this program and the fact that members were so welcoming. There was always a very encouraging word for all. I do not think that the creators of this program know all it’s capablities, if they do they have not passed it on.
I just hope that this forum continues to attract quality members as it has in the past.

Fantastic happy birthday; this is truly one of the greatest forums, and communitites ever created online.

happy 1st birthday, ZBC, you are a big baby by now and a veryvery cute one as well! :smiley: its right, its mucho hard to make a choice what has been the most memorable contribution and as i am neurotically indecisive i’ll just skip thinking about it. ad multos annos!!!

• juandel