ZBrushCentral

Infinite, 3D Head Scan and Sculpt

Hi ZBC :smiley:

I wanted to share some recent sculpting work I did on a self portrait. Based on Scanned data taken from a DI3D Colour Capture Device and an Artec-Scanner. The raw data was amazing to use as a canvas to sculpt onto. Without ZBrush’s powerful sculpting and projection features it would have been impossible to do in any other application.

The layer system was used extensively to have great control on pores, wrinkles and fine details, as well as used for different Morphed Expressions, combined with Morph Store, which is very powerful indeed.

The ZBrush file is also available for free on my website. I hope it might help the Research & Development Community as well as other artists.

Rendered and lit in Softimage using Arnold and Andreas Bystrom’s very powerful Skin Shader Compound for the skin. The lighting shots below were matched by eye to various film plates from the new Tron film and Bladerunner by Ridley Scott, as well as matched to Captured reference plates of my face.

Infinite-thumb.jpg
[attach=217933]Infinite-thumb.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Infinite-Comp-Light-01.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-02.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-03.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-04.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-05.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-06.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-19.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-18.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-17.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-16.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-15.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-14.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-13.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-12.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-11.jpg

Infinite-Comp-Light-10.jpg

Top row stuff! Really amazing.

awesome!

I really can’t tell the difference from a real person. Probably the best skin render I’ve seen. Ever.
Your lighting will serve as reference when trying to decide different light setups in the future for me. If that’s cool
xD

Really amazing :+1: :+1: :+1:

wow wow very realistic:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

So beautiful
 sigh
 loved the little bladerunner inserts, the lighting just shows how flawlessly it turned out! :slight_smile: Awesome! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Jessus! This is awesome!
I envy you for having Arnold!
:slight_smile: Awesome stuff, my fellow XSi user! Great job!
Is there a trial or demo of Arnold ? Where can i get to try it out ? :slight_smile:

Actually dude! Share some info about the render. What displacement map size did you use. Basemesh, render tree :slight_smile: stuff like this one, interesting!
Is this pure render or you have some passes and compose in PS ?

Amazing, very inspirational.

Thanks for the kind comments :smiley:

pigdog, eof3D: Thanks. Hiken: Thanks! Please do, I hope they are useful. I highly recommend any of Ridley Scott's films for good solid lighting reference, Jordan Cronenweth is the master of Digital Photography and lighting. Even the recent "The Day the Earth Stood Still" has some wonderful scenes for lighting reference. hypnotik, rodion vlasov: Thanks :D RawSunlight: Thankyou pimeto: Big thanks! I'm brand new to SI. It's freaking incredible. I was a LW'er for years, still am but I love Softimage. So powerful. I was able to produce those shots above from using SI for about 3 days. That shows how cool the app is. The displacement map was 6000x6000 in size, base mesh about 9000 polygons. I can't share render tree stuff yet sadly :( These are pure renders, no composite or effects. :) Mouthrax: Thank you.

Wow, So that there is Lee. How did you get the scar on the back of your head?

Hey :smiley: I fell of a roof when I was living in South Africa, I was only 5 at the time, up to mischief! I think perhaps that’s why I’m a bit “special” :lol:

This is awesome! Cant wait to finally see Arnold out :slight_smile:
We, the XSi users, are waiting and praying for ears this to come out! :slight_smile:
Wonderful!

Hey Lee awesome work :wink: I need a scanner too :X I love that skin shader, look like a vray one :slight_smile: That Arnold render seem’s a really nice one.

BTW, not to speak out of turn but the Sean Young hairdo would suit your skin colouring! :wink:

Still awesome on the 2nd visit!!!

This has got to be one of the most photo realistic set of head renders I have ever seen. Jaw droppingly brilliant. :grimacing: :+1:

as always great work Lee !!!

pimeto: Thanks. It should be out soon :smiley:

Big guns: Yeah a scanner is useful, only 20% of the journey though. Would be great to have a 1 button push solution, would save all the hard work in sculpting and texturing.

RawSunlight: :laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing: You swine!:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing: I will choose the “Rutger doo” thank you very much :sunglasses:

MINTY:
Wow, thank you!

bomoh: thanks :+1:

Amazing indeed :+1: :+1: :+1: Excellent

Brilliant!!! Very Very Kool. :cool: