ZBrushCentral

The Mask - but how?

Hey guys!

I’ve got a mask (attachement) that I already modeled. My problem is to get the surface on my 3D mask.
It’s a kind of gypsum with clothsurface. I dont know exactly.

I already tried to do it with a displacement map, but I am not able make a picture where maya will see where the ups and downs in the surface are. I figured I maybe have to sculpt the texture myself, but I am completely new to Zbrush :confused:

I would really appreciate your help, as I’m really stuck :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Happy late New Year :slight_smile:

Attachments

Welcome to Zbrush Philcc! Is the the famous Philc from the Daz tools creations? :cool: If so, I am a big fan of your tools! As for your Mask, have you tried using the Noisemaker? this should allow you to uniformly lay a noise pattern on your model. you can even mask off an area and apply that noise to just that masked off portion. There is a tutorial for the noisemaker in the Pixologic website on the Noisemaker. here is a link

http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/#digital-sculpting

click on the Noisemaker. I hope this helps :cool:

Are you trying to model a prop?

Thanks Gridlost!

As for the main part I managed to manually create a brush in photoshop and apply it as a normal map in maya.

I still have problems with the edges that are chunky.
I am new to zbrush, so I dont know if i can figure out your tool.

I appreciate the help!

Phil

The tutorial walks you through the process step by step. I belive the noise maker may be the answer to your question. I assume your brush is an alpha map. You can import that as a noise maker pattern. Mask off the area you want the pattern on then apply it with the tool. The tutorial has 2 parts. See them both