ZBrushCentral

The Librarian

Mainly done with primitive sculpted in ZBrush (sphere for the head, box for the cape, sphere for the hood, cilinders for legs/boots…). Rendered in Max with Mental Ray, Photoshop for post-process.

Little story about the image:
“When the librarian gets bored of clasifing all his volumens of information, he goes to the main lobby and creates an Universe. Nothing fancy, just a little big bang and everything starts comming out smoothly, some hundreds of elements and a few physic rules to keep them together for a while; but he also gets bored of these universes, so he throws them away to a dark corner in a small corridor. Then it’s time to rest after the hard work.”

[The_Librarian_Web.jpg]

hope u like it.

here are some WIPs images:

Alien.jpg

_

Top Row*****

Like this!!

Contrast of abs with cloak.
I have abs like these ( they only come out late at nignt
when I am asleep)

wow…that is amazing, i love how you didnt just use a model of a galaxy, hes actualy holding one.

Thanks guys!

I forgot the youtube 360 animation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7FkP6tk2aU

__

Wow now this is clever! Sergio…well done man:+1: :smiley:

It reminds one of a certain Greek mythology…or rather a pagan god named atlas. Except the Librarian works with a whole universe and not just earth…oh and he actually controls it within his grasp unlike Atlas who has the weight of the earth on his shoulders.

LOL…um u did this all with primitive tools like spheres etc? I really need help with that, i dunno where to start. Got any tips/shots on making the cape for example?

Thanx

Take a look at my YouTube Channel, there are a few sphere sculpting, of course is good to have the proper topology, but you can generate pretty much whatever you want from any volumen.

For folds (cape) I read a year ago a book from Burne Hogarth about that, very interesting book.

close up

[The_Librarian_Closeup01.jpg]

_

I really like the concept and execution of this.
Lovely work.
Rob