ZBrushCentral

suicide

Hello folks.
Here is my latest work and I would like to know how you guys think about this.
I will improve shader, lighting and rendering soon.
Thank to my amazing collegue to improve this a lot. Especially semin and charlie.

Used maya for base mesh
details in Zbrush of course!!(luv u zbrush)
render in mentalray
4k displacement map + 4k specular map

C&C are always welcome! Enjoy!:smiley:

bobbyJeongLatest.jpg

wonā€™t comment on the render and shading, since itā€™s obviously work in progress, but I really like the modeling,expression and the subject.
very interesting work.

nothing to say
just
woooooooow:eek:

Really impressive, sensitive work on such an emotive subject.

Yeah. the modeling is great. You really captured a powerful expression. Did you work directly from a photo or did you imagine the expression?

I also really like the way the knife tugs at the skin as heā€™s beginning to move the blade.

Great work, just hope itā€™s not a personal feeling you are projecting in your work!

It looks like a displacement map, not the best IMO.
But great modeling. :+1: :+1: :+1:

thatā€™s pretty nice. I think the facial expression is what stands out the most for me.

I would encourage subtlety for that type of subject matter though, and less of a graphic representation of the act itself. I think it would have a more profound impact instead of a ā€œshock factorā€ on the viewer. But it is just my opinion :slight_smile:

Keep us posted with the updates!

great piece, amazing sculpt.

I agree with Beneto, the face is amazing, an immense feeling of escape.
its almost as if you could eliminate the hand and knife, it would still fit the title. regardless, great work.

Itā€™s fantastic. Love it. :+1:

Iā€™ve attached wire frame. And will be updated zbrush screen capture as well.
bobbyWire.jpg

Great one dude ! , nice details on the hand as well

Julian_K : Thank you for your opinion. Try to update shading and render soon.

FreakaZoidX : Thank you:lol:

handleBar : Thank you for your comment.

tobbeo : yea I wanted to capture that moment what you exactly see. Thank you!!:smiley:

michalis : Yes. I used displacement map too. Iā€™ve attached wire frame as well.
Thank you for your comment!:lol:

Beneto : Yea. You are right. I guess I went too far. And also I tried upload my image to cg society but rejected. Cuz It is including violence they think.So I though create a fish or funny stuff instead of knife. But whatever. Thank you for your comment!!!:smiley:

michael milano : Thank you! I will update several versions without knife and hand. Thank you!

ErickShawn : Thank you!:slight_smile:

this is a great work, just one little thing. i think the texture around the collar bone area is a little too harsh for skin.

OMG :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Yoonsung, if that is what you wanted then please stick with the hand and knife and stand up for it. :slight_smile:
yes itā€™s tough and maybe not everyoneā€™s taste, but I think that is also what is great about it. Hack and Slay, Blood and goreā€¦ often subjects here and in other similar places. But suicideā€¦ thatā€™s a different level and not an easy subject to digest.
I also donā€™t think it is too graphic or too much into our face, because of his very subtle peaceful and almost at ease face expression. that gives it the depth and together with the harsh gesture as the counterpoint creates an interesting tension.

oh and all praise to ZbrushCentral for not just blindly rejecting this.

Yes! That is the moment what I exactly wanted to capture. Peaceful face with harsh gesture at the end of his life. Because I thought people who already give up their life has kinda peaceful moment. I dont know exactly what they think but I can say I can understand about it. Thank you so much give me this nice words.

This I believe is art, and itā€™s great and disturbing at once :slight_smile:

You are very welcome Yoonsung :slight_smile:

Nevertheless, the sculpt is pretty sweet :). Keep up the good work!

cool stuff bobby. Looks really great.

Cheers
Ashwin