ZBrushCentral

seams on model when rendering in MAX

Ok, first post on this forum but I’ve admired the outstanding work on this website for quite some time. Here’s my problem - I have a model that I modeled, GUV tiled, and textured in Z-Brush. I exported it to 3DS MAX after applying the Texture- Fix Seam option. And when I render in 3DS MAX, I get very bad and noticeable seams on the borders of my UV’s. I can fix it by enabling Local Supersampling when I do just a regular Scanline render, but if I want to render using Mental Ray, these seams will not go away. I tried bumping u pthe Sampling quality to 16 and the seams are still there. Thank you for any assistance.mental_ray.jpg

Attachments

mental_ray_fix_seam.jpg

scanline_renderer.jpg

Hi digitalwangsta,

I had the same problem and the solution is this:

1. Open the “Bitmap Parameters” Tab within the “Diffuse” Slot of your Material (Material Map Browser)

2. Within the ‘Filtering’ Area put this filtering from “Pyramidical” to “None” and the seams should be gone.

hope this helps (at least my Texture Seams were gone) :slight_smile:

Greetz
Daniel

:+1: :smiley: Sweet, thanks! I had never had to use that option with prior models from Z

Does it work?

Yes, I encountered this problem just recently as well. It occured just with Mental Ray Renderings. I pressume this effect is caused by some subpixel antialiasing filtering which differs from the standard scanline filtering methods (but thats just a supposition of mine). However: It works for me and I hope it works for you as well. :slight_smile:

Daniel

i had same problem with maya mental ray… there’s no seam i displacement map just in color map… and same solving… just turn off filtering to NONE… and i solved my problem… i dont know if that works with 3ds max… but i think that should help you too!!

regards!

yes it does work, thanks too all who responded