ZBrushCentral

Salvatore - The name of Rose

I´ve been working on this model in this last weekend.

It was my attempt to reproduce a great character, (in my opinion) called Salvatore from The Name of Rose. (The 80´s movie with Sean Conery and Chistian Slater) interpreted by Ron Perlman, the same actor of Hell Boy. Modeling and texturing from Zbrush and rendered on Maya and Mental Ray. I will post here later the process Hope you like it and sorry for my english, :confused: Alan

FINAL IMAGE
[]salvatore_final.jpgsalvatore_web.jpgZBC_THUMB2.jpgsalvatore_final.jpg

Wow, thats brilliant.
A very good excuse now to re-watch a brilliant film. And it would be great if you were to make those fantastic doors with all the carvings on for him to stand against. Probably only take a year or so :wink:

Simon

Amazing work! A little stylized but still amazing.

I didn’t know that was Ron Perlman in The Name of the Rose (not a bad flick)…sure looks like a Salvatore to me:D

kyphur Hi dude, thanks for your comment.:wink:

markkens Hi dude. Thanks

Well, here is the process

[]

[]

[]modeling.jpgtexuring1.jpgtexturing2.jpg

really good likness, you can see Pearlman in there. render looks great, top row.

Nice work. I like the model, I liked the movie and the book was great.
Chris

awesome work man! incredible job on the skin in the render, and thank you for showing us the materials. 5 stars!

threetails Hi dude, Thanks for your words!

puzzle Hi. For me it´s a one of best movies, I agree totally. Thanks for your comment

Vexona Thnaks dude. Later I will post the composite process here.

I´ve made two tests with fur and hair and would like your all opinion about it.

Thanks

ALan

![salvatore_me_or_me.jpg|1100x876](upload://xswphuVL2kCInP1mnxUxPBK0iUN.jpeg)

Attachments

salvatore_me_or_me.jpg

Excellent and impressive work. :+1:

Top row for sure and 5 Stars from me.:smiley:

Take the left fur-variation.:wink:

This is an amazing likeness; well, well done! Simply marvelous!

I, too, think the left is best.

5 stars ,top row!Left 1,nuff said.

great job alan

left Me

Paul

:lol: :lol: BELLISSIMO!!!

Impressive work!!!:smiley: :+1: I like of image “me”

wow. The fur on the left is awesome… incredible work, totaly take that one. They both look so realistic. awesome job man.

Your image rocks! I do have a question: why don’t you just use a displacement map directly and/or a direct export since its only the one object? I understand enhancing the bump map and utilizing Photoshop to add more defination to the final render, but if you used the maximum 16/32 bit displacement or a direct import wouldn’t you capture even more of your original ZB3 detail?
Always learning:D (sigh)

To my recollection the Name of the Rose character played by Ron Pearlman looked more like “or me”. Iseem to recall him being rather scruffy.

Regardless the work is simply …Fabulous! Kudos! Above Top Row.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Our amps go to eleven!

Im jsut wondering where you put the subdermal map? do you use standar shader like a blinn if so where do you plug it.? Do you suggest to do an ambiant occlusion map to? or it is not appropriate for a portrait?

The likeness is great around the eyes and the top of the head, I recognized him immediatly, but something seems off about his lower face, particularly the mouth…though I can’t point out exactly what.