ZBrushCentral

Roman legionary

Hi, i would like to share my model with you, and request some sugestion about the texture representation.

The main idea is make a low poly from the High i made, so the high poly is no very important for me, but i like and enjoy texturing it.

i REALLY REALLY like cammy from BOGDANBL4 amazing job. and most of all y like and would like mimic the TEXTURE representation.

When i texture my model unconsciously go for the way of photorealism, and now mi question is what is your opinion about texture for my model??

my goal is show the model,NOT make a hiperrealism picture, and i think CAMMY from BOGDANBL4 show much better the model with that type of plastic texture

Thanks for reading

Attachments

41223980.jpg

21.jpg

nice man!!!
i really like the woman!!!:smiley:

Jajajajja no the WOMAN is not mine please read the message

hi, your Roman legionary is cool, nice job :wink:

About Cammy, render…
your reference img, are not real, cammy front and Back FROM Bogdanbl4 is a concept image!!
this is img are in first page of Bogdanbl4 Thread!
this Master digital scupltor have modeled cammy base shape with zbrush, rendered in basic material and with photoshop colored all model for concept reference!
if you see the hair, the boot and more detail is pure paint!!

the real final 3D render with Zbush is here:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=251573

outstanding job and Awesome and impressive… but very different from you cammy ref img :wink:

for me, if you want render like paint, retouch texturing with photoshop, in your model, or retouch final render in postprocessing.

only my 2 cents

sorry for my bad English :frowning:

i hope you understand my words…

all the best

Thanks for response, but maybe my mistake, i put the wrong picture, now i put the picture i talking about, the first is (i think) a BASE zbrush material and the second is PHOTOSHOP retouch over zbrush material

My cuestion is, you guys what you think is better for show my model, de hiperrealism way texture or CAMMY WAY , i think CAMMY is AWSOME

Sorry man, I have got it wrong question.
I thought the question was, how do I get a yield like cammy?
looking at your reference I told you that you had to hand-tweak the render.

Now the question is different:

better yield hyper real or a type cammy?

the answer is too personal.
I love Cammy as a type of render, but sometimes I also love the render hyper real.
Generally those who commissioned the 'work to be very precise about the type of render.

If you are working on personal project, you can also do a dual effort, and see which of the two, be better and why :slight_smile:

However the yield of Cammy is really great, one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen in zbrush.

Tell you what:
the yield hyper real is really impressive at first sight.
but often lacks soul.
Yield different, more painterly or artistic work to be of great impact and give the soul of artist ‘to’ work.
I look cammy and I understand that being different from a thousand other jobs I’ve seen.
the 'artist to have put his signature in the model and texturing.
I watch so many beautiful works hyper real, and can not distinguish the authors …
I’m struck by virtuosity but I see no soul …

if this can be an answer to your question, the conclusion would be this:
try doing something like cammy;)

all the best

Awesome sculpt! :+1:

I’m still working on it, now on lowpoly and texture , all in XOLIUL

Attachments

24.jpg