ZBrushCentral

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

My favorite UFC fighter, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson.

Also, if your not familiar with him (and just for fun) here’s a link to a highlight reel on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxyvdpk3WDU

ZBC-Thumb1.jpg
[attach=175266]rampage_Mid_Render.jpg[/attach]
[attach=175269]rampage_Turnaround_Render.jpg[/attach]
[attach=175268]rampage_Turnaround_Sculpt.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

rampage_Mid_Render.jpg

Nice work!
Do you have a pose of him howling? lol

haha not yet but I’d really like to do that :slight_smile:

haha… He is rampage!!! Hilarious guy
to bad he left UFC … loved his fights!!!
nice work

good job!!! very nice work. i would also like to see this posed :+1:

:slight_smile: nice one

You should have him knocking out chuck liddel. He will be back in the ufc to fight Rashad Evans after the A Team movie stuff

Yeah I’ve heard he’s supposed to be back to fight him in UFC 113, so hopefully that comes true! … I’ll try and get him posed into his classic “Howl” pose this week

is that the reason why he didn’t fight evans on the last ufc because he’s shooting a film??:o

yeah he’s the new B. A. Baracus in the A-Team movie but there’s rumours he’s coming back to fight and finish his contract with the ufc.

I got busy with some contract work but I’ve had some free time again to start a new project… and I could use some help!

I’d had the idea to create a pixar character from toy story called “Foxy Darkmatter” for awhile now… her basic idea is she’s always been infatuated with Buzz Lightyear, but when he never paid her any attention as he was focused on joining Star Command… then he became a big celebrity and left her behind :stuck_out_tongue: … so now her mission, of course, is to destroy Star Command, & Buzz!..

Anyhow, I’ve started on modeling her but am thinking she could use some more curves, seing as her name is “Foxy”… so if anyone has any advice on some changes to her design I’m all ears. I’ve tried to take cues from Buzz’s design and keep things pretty simple. I have her hair “up” because I was planning on giving her a mask (like the avatar style face masks) for when she’s space travelin’…

foxy_render1.jpg

feel free to paintover or play designer, I’m looking for any feedback… thanks!

Attachments

foxy_wip5.jpg

Foxyconcept.jpg

hmm I was going to convert my old thread here to a sketchbook, but can’t figure out how to change the topic

made some proportion/design changes, need to start modeling her arms and wings… and get some kind of face mask/helmet design going. Also been wanting to change up her boots with something more interesting.

foxy_render1.jpg

Cewl!, do you have a high poly version of her too ?

she’s pretty low-poly since I’m trying to keep it consistent with buzz lightyear’s style. Smooth plastic toy-feel…

edit:small_orange_diamond: accidentally deleted my thumb from this post, so I’ll insert a more recent wip here instead of re-posting. Have found modeling her body & changing proportions went much smoother in maya rather than using zbrush (my original was done with zspheres, which was tragic. Not that zsphere’s are tragic, but rather my application of them in this case… ha)

foxy_wip_120410.jpg

I am digging this latest work! Can’t wait to see the final!

thanks Capa

here’s a little more progress. Decided on using a buzz-style glass dome for a helmet, and put in some “proxy-hair” for the style I’m going for… not sure if I’ll do a hair-sim or cards yet, but I’ll probably leave that till last. Also shrunk her feet quite a bit at my girlfriend’s suggestion :slight_smile:

foxyWIP_apr14_2.jpg