ZBrushCentral

Nick Cave portrait WIP

[Nick_thumb.jpg]Nick_thumb.jpg
[Nick_Cave_002_PS_2.jpg]Nick_Cave_referens.jpg

Attachments

Nick_Cave_screencaps.jpg

That’s beautiful Rikard, a wonderful modern painterly portrait feel!
Definitely go with the moustache version (that’s how I’ve seen him live :slight_smile:

If I had a choice, I’d have him with a little more expression in the eyes and brows, but it’s a really wonderful piece… congrats and welcome!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

You know, i keep looking at it and i think it could be headed for the top row… easily good enough! Wonderful :slight_smile:

badass

Awesome model. But i think you will need to tweak with the rendering. Waaay too yellow. :slight_smile:

lookin very good so far. are you by chance using the skinplus shader???

RawSunlight: Wow, thanks. Yes, I’ll add the moustache in Modo. You’re right, the eyes and brows could use some work.

joe55: Thanks. :wink:

~TLishman: Yes, it is a bit yellow. I actually did that on purpose in post and I might have overdone it a bit. I still haven’t decided what look I want, but below is an image that is much more closer to the raw render.

nerveink: Thanks. No, I’m using Modo for rendering and I’ve made the shader myself, if you could call it that in Modo.

Still not sure about the likeness though, but I just can’t see what’s what anymore. Would you say that you recognize him? What needs to be changed to get the render to look more like the person?

[[attach=204736]Nick_Cave_002_PS_2_warm.jpg[/attach]]Nick_Cave_002_PS_2_warm.jpg

Hi. Here’s a small update. I made some clothes, added a moustache and tweaked some settings.

The eyes, hair and clothes still need more work. Any feedback appreciated, likeness/render/details/anything.

Cheers.

[Nick_Cave_004_thumb.jpg]Nick_Cave_004_thumb.jpg
[Nick_Cave_004.jpg]

this is coming along very nicely. Much more appropriate skin shader on the last shot. I think once you get some finer hairs overall, it will help a lot. It is a bit distracting now, especially the eyelashes and the hairline.

keep us updated :smiley:

You’re right about the hair thickness, Beneto, thanks. I’ll fix it in my next tweaking session.

Ok. For those still watching, here’s an update. Many small fixes. Cheers!

Feedback appreciated.

[nicktumme.jpg]nicktumme.jpg
[Nick_Cave_010.jpg]