ZBrushCentral

My work in progress thread.

new character I started on, design wise I like how somethings are looking armor and stuff but its still early in the process alot more to be done its inspired by mortal kombat characters critiques always welcome.

If anyone could help me, the symetry on this model broke and I cant seem to fix it, is their a way to restore symetry back to model, all the subtool as well have no symetry.

Also subtool master multiple append works great is their a way to export multiple subtools.
thanks Jackson.
[WIP MK insp war.jpg]

Yes you improved a lot.
I really like your work now.

Very nice!

thankyou Fabio means alot to me.

Here is some update on the upper body of the latest character, I think thats as much detail im putting on the body since it will not be seen anyway, ill work on the rest and come back to the arms. I also start a creature design, a task very difficult but here it is.

[![kaman-war.jpg|1200x736](upload://fH1PWyepIosfBlDpqGLmuNMtwJJ.jpeg)]![Chaos-Wolves.jpg|1200x788](upload://c3qVeDe3xceVMZZBAADdAtNIqCf.jpeg)

I got a question about re-export out of zbrush into any 3d pogram dont knoe why zbrush flips my mesh upside down, when I export, does anyone know how to fix this or keep it from fliping liek this.
Thanks

sup jackson, if u dont want zbrush to flip ur mesh on export go to Prefrences > ImportExport and turn off either eFlipY or eflipZ depending on if ur software app is y up or z up. should fix it. also just as a note, when exporting your mesh zbrush will NOT keep the UVs merged which can cause a big inconvience later on. to fix this go under your tool pallette to the very bottom and under export turn on “mrg” which will merge ur uvs for you. (this needs to be done for each subtool as well)

also i couldnt help but notice u were having problems with the image plane plugin. try turning off fade when u drop ur tool to the canvas and see if that solves ur issue. good luck
-cory

Thanks Cory I didn’t know about that flip thing before, some how it does it sometime but not all the time, no I dea what causes my mesh to flip but I also found out under preview in the tool pallette you can store a preview and that will keep it from flipping as well thanks for the response man appreciate it.

Here is an update to the character I posted earliar I made some changes to the modeling, this is a maya render because some of the surfaces are not all polygons I could import to zbrush. here some speed sculpt heads still alot more I would like to add to both, maybe will.

Critiques always welcome and thanks for viewing.

[Update New blackwhite.jpg]frames.jpg

Attachments

blackguy1.jpg

blackguy--Charact.jpg

I really like them, especially the second one.
But you must pay more attention to the clavicle and shoulder area of them, even if it was ‘not the point’ of this study. It´s good to show it right of what you show. Just my two cents.

:wink:

Thank you FabioPaiva, I can see what you are refering I will pay more attention to the models as a whole,

This is my entry to the CGArena ChallengeBeautiful, a roughy block out from a mesh made in maya nothing to complicated I guess, critiques welcome.

[concept-sketch.jpg]

Pretty good so far…
Now make us a nice female sholder there… lol

What about this material, could you share this with us? :smiley:

good luck!

Lol I will try my best and thank you, here is the matcap I dont remeber who donated it but I think it came from huge forum of matcaps forget what its called sorry.

Ok then!
Keep us up to date and good luck!

ANd I joined cgarena forum today…
very good forum indeed!

Thanks for the matcap!

See you!

thankyou fab I will need it, their is some really fantastic work on cgreana challenge, and your welcome for matcap credit to the original uploader.

Here is an update of the head.[Mary Update.jpg]

update to the sculpt.
[Mary_Update.jpg]

the last sculpt has really got a nice vibe to it - I’d work the ears a bit more right now they’re rather big and chunky for a woman :slight_smile: Keep going!

I realy like how you have put life into the female character, keep on it.

Intervain thank you very much its an honor getting a comment from an artist of your calibur, I greatly appreciate it and will work on the ears more, thank you.

tez thank you thats the best comment I have every got as a modeller, i will indeed.

I must agree with Magdalena, the ears are a bit off but you can easily fix that. We know you can.

Other than that I´d just show you a woman I´m sculpting myself. Maybe you can see something useful (I hope… :lol: )

Here´s the link:
[attach=110673]01_woman.jpg[/attach]

See you.

Attachments

01_woman.jpg

Thanks Fabio working them look good and proportioned to the head. I dig the suclpt man good scubtle feel to it.

update - I fixxed the ears and ssculpt some asymetry into the model, at this point happy with the way the forms look I will probably go into working on the bump map for and start texturing, any critique will still help the prgress of this thanks.

A problem that I keep running into, everytime time I have a subtools visible and i Crtl+shift click on the model I am sculpting on it deletes and i cant undo or anything, I dont know if its a bug or a feature i dont know about, I lost a lot of work this way.

[Mary SCRN.jpg]