ZBrushCentral

Infinite's Sketchbook

Hi there fellow Zbrush artists,

I thought I would jump unto the Sketchbook band wagon :smiley:

I havent posted here for a long time and thought I would share some work that I have been working on over the past week. Unfortunatly I managed to miss a great job opportunity at a well renowned games dev studio in Texas a few weeks back beacuse of my lack of monster work. So I thought I would blast out some models and get my portfolio upto standard!

A fresh break from female nudes!

MONSTER WORK.

[attach=105541]1.jpg[/attach]

WIP

[attach=105542]2.jpg[/attach]
[attach=105543]3.jpg[/attach]
[attach=105544]4.jpg[/attach]

Would love to hear your thoughhts.

Cheers

Lee

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Whoa no ladies! Nice to see you branching out into monsters. :slight_smile: First character is great. Second one is all over the place design wise, mouth is oddly squarish. Third one seems like it needs the most work, in terms of sculpting. I remember the aliens had very defined mouths, which is what made them scary, combined with lack of eyes.

I like the first guy a lot, the detail on him is great. the second one I’m having trouble seeing how he would balance but that could be fixed easily. The third one I think if you play around with the jester a little bit more maybe pose the arms 45degree from the front, cant wait to see where these will go man good job.

i admire your work, past present, and probably the future too :smiley:

womball: Hi Womball, thanks for your post. I know what you mean about the 2nd creature. It needs some more design work. It’s based on the WH40K Tyrannid alien.

aesis412: Thanks for your comments. I think I will try and make a full scene with the Alien now : ) Lots of detail to add then onto posing the creature.

gattomanzo: Thankyou, thats very kind of you too say so.

I couldnt resist it! I have decided too make the lady herself to go along side the alien 3 sculpt. Sigourney. I will make a past and present version of her I think.

Sig:

[attach=105548]sigourney01sq1.jpg[/attach]

I just cant keep my hands of the female models!!! Agggghhh!!

Cheers

Lee

Attachments

sigourney01sq1.jpg

I’m working on woman right now. Have you ever tried modeling a thicker model? Fat can be tricky.

Looks like her.

Here’s another update. Sigourney in her classic Alien pose. With retro undies : )

First time that I have used Transpose Master, very useful app. Like everything else in Zbrush : )

[attach=105552]1.jpg[/attach]

Wombal: Hey, yeah larger women are fun to do. I think they are perhaps easier as they require less fine anatomy sculpting. Just bulge em out : )

Cheers

Lee

Attachments

1.jpg

Hey Lee.

Nice to see some other models from you. Glad you started a sketchbook.
Weaver looks really good. You could always have an alien interacting with her. Maybe that white alien from the 3rd one i think it was. His sick.

Keep it comin man.

Cheers
Brett

brettSinclair: Hi Brett, thanks for your kind comments.

Render Update:

Not sure if this is allowed here but here’s a test render from LW to show of the ZBursh’s lovely sculpted details from the exported displacement map in Lightwave.

More to come, I will work on the Alien 3 time period Sigourney next, shaved head and big boots etc!

Cheers

Lee

Whoa. How did you knock out a photoreal color texture that quickly?!? Great shader too.

Hehe. You can post renders on zbc ;). Its all art related, as long as zbrush is used in the pipeline :+1:.

Looking forward to the other Sigourney from aliens 3. She was freaky in that one. Would be cool to have that alien behind her with her arms round his head and the slime running out its mouth onto her. hahaha.

The render looks superb. As always…

Your latest render of looks absolutely phenomenal. I thought it was genius on your behalf to make a realistic beautiful women, in place of the thing that most artist do and make and over the top model like character.

nice . :+1:

hey lee!

great to see you here.
beautiful work on sigourney. looking forward to see more alien stuff and amazing renders from you.

-r

the master of realism:D nice work, incredible renders:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hi guys,

Hey Wombal: Its just one of my stock 3d models, the texture was made ages ago. Very simple.

brettSinclair: Thats good news! Thanks dude, I plan to make a nice scene with her and the alien.

lucao: Hey thanks deud, thats great to hear.

phat: Cheers :smiley:

abyss103: Thankyou for commenting on my stuff.

3David: Wow thanks for the kind words!

Just another quick update. I didnt have much time this evening so I added some clothes and some small details for Sigurney’s aliern 3 version. Such a a ifference to her ‘Alien’ character : )

[attach=105802]sigalien3eh1.jpg[/attach]

Cheers

Lee

Attachments

sigalien3eh1.jpg

For accuracy of faces, are you using perspective with some sort of custom lens? The default lens really seems to distort the perspective, seems like its faking a wide lens.

Wombal: No I am just using the normal Perspective view. Not quite sure what you mean?

Cheers

Lee