ZBrushCentral

How to make Tire Sidewall Lettering in ZBrush

I have the tire,
I have the picture going around the tire
but I do not know how to put it on the sidewal

Thanks in advance for any help

If I understand you correctly, you have the tire object, and you have a black and white alpha of the radial lettering?

1. You could attach the alpha to the layer brush, select the drag Rect stroke type, and drag out the alpha to whatever level of displacement and/or color you wish on the target object.

2. For better control over position, you could apply the alpha in Projection Master by attaching the alpha to the single layer brush with a Drag Rect stroke type. PM lets you adjust the positioning/scale of the stroke after you make it by selecting the move or scale functions while the last stroke is still live. Experiment until you find the level of displacement you wish.

3. You could load the alpha as a texture, add to Spotlight in the Texture Menu, and use Spotlight to position the alpha exactly as desired, then go over it with the Layer brush to paint or raise the lettering. Select a Drag Rect stroke type to draw out an even application of the brush. Or store a morph target first to ensure even displacement with overlapping strokes with the Layer brush.

With all of these methods, you’ll need enough subdivision in the target object to hold the detail of the text. Adjust the brush Z intensity to get the level of displacement you want. With the layer brush, you may have to turn the brush mod to zero, or the effect can be too powerful. Always keep in mind whether you want color and displacement, or displacement only, and make sure the appropriate brush controls are checked ( Zadd, RGB).

I did this quickly just with Projection Master. It’s just about the quality of your alpha, and how you’ve positioned your text. Take a screenshot of your tire profile or use Zapp link to lay out your alpha as desired with a program like Photoshop or illustrator.
tirex.jpgtestalpha2.jpg

one way would be mask tread area then group masked - in uv master flatten with groups then texture new from uvs -export map and letter in ps with text arch option - use the map as displacement - texture or alpha - good luck !! also see this thread http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?178772-BPR-TO-GEO-Radial-tire

Do you mean do something like picture below with text along the tire curve?
TextWrapTire.jpg

You have many ways to do that. But i think you have more control in your text and cuves, specially if they are not just a circular curve, if you use ZAppLink. Then in Photoshop just need to draw the cuve with the Pen Tool. After that just click on the curve with the Type Tool and when you write your text in Photoshop will be wraped into the curve. When you have your text in your desired Font size etc Save your Photoshop file (Just click Save, Very important in order to Zbrush retrieve the information). Go back to Zbrush and retrieve your text in the tire as polypaint. Then you can mask by intensity and create a new polygroup or just use it to inflate or do pannel loops or what ever other technique you preffer.
Hope this can help

Regards

Fran

Thanks to everybody !
Exactly what I needed

:slight_smile:

Michel