ZBrushCentral

Frog Creature

Hey,

First post here, friend showed me the way over here.

Here’s something Ive been working on and fiddling with fora bit now, coming near the end but just cant stop coming back to him and re-doing areas when I get stuck on my other work.

[[attach=22104]ZBC1.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘22104’,‘ZBC1.jpg’,1,0))

[[attach=22105]ZBC2.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘22105’,‘ZBC2.jpg’,1,0))

[[attach=22106]ZBC3.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘22106’,‘ZBC3.jpg’,1,0))

[ZBC4.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘22107’,‘ZBC4.jpg’,1,0))

Modeled in XSI and bump mapped in ZBrush and PS. Bit of displacement map on the mouthsack and tounge also done in ZBrush.

Also, started working on a rough for my demo reel, I’d love some feedback on lighting and camera work since Im newer to it.

http://student.vfs.com/~3d55david/frog01.mov

Thanks a bunch,

Dave

Attachments

ZBC1.jpg

ZBC2.jpg

ZBC3.jpg

the tongue is kinda bothering me, maybe too straight not enough life to it or maybe a proportion issue with the mouth. The rest looks awsome like it a lot. good luck.

Matt

Pilou

Wow, great model! Heck of a kritter. I bet the only thing which can beat a snapping turtle in the pond!
:+1:
LemonNado

Reminds me of the frog from Star Wars (can’t remember which episode), in that scene in the desert, only on screen for about 5 seconds. Great frog! :wink:

this is really cool, I love it!

mathieu, thanks for the comments man. I agree about the tounge, I think a lot of it has to do with the end coming off so flat while the rest is diagnol. I wanted to have him catching a bird originally but ran outa time, hoping to come back to it soon then I can really finish it off. The length was a huge issue for me because of how far it pushed the camera back to prevent cropping, but any shorter jsut didnt look right.

Jason, I think its from Ep 6 outside Jabbas palace, but I got more RAnkor comments and the thing in Evolution that hides in the cloest and jumps out. It was mostly inspired by the bulldog of Mumm-Ras in Thundercats, and just, frogs… love those lil guys…

Pilou, Lemon, Deity, thanks a bunch for the comments guys

I like the form. The bulk implied by the body makes it kind of intimidating. It would make an interesting fantasy creature if it was larger.

yo Dave!!

great stuff, the new light setting works well to bring out the details on the bumpmap, i still think you can do a bird easy and fast :slight_smile:

great job

this needs a bump to the top.

great job.

Frickin’ nice man. Beautifully done.

bill, thanks man! I actually wanted to go for something smaller since i tseems like a lot of people do the larger creatures, thought it was fun and challenging to try to capture his scale in the body proportions.

steve, hey thanks man, I’ll try to get on it when I can, too worried about my new model right now :frowning:

1stbrother, needs a bump map?

gabo, kyphur, hey thanks a bunch guys

ha! no, sorry.

what i meant was i found the thread nearly at the bottom of the page and thought it should be bumped back up to the top of the list because it’s such a great idea/model (deserves more attention).

love the design

u guys at VFS rock…
Excelent work

This thing is great love the detail, don’t worry about the tounge placement, looks fine to me.:+1: :+1: The feet really connect well with the log. Nice job.