ZBrushCentral

Flashman

My recent work inspired by one of the famous Frank Frazetta paintings ‘‘Flashman at the Charge’’, I tried to keep the front view close to the painting and I had no choice but to make some changes in anatomy,hope you like it

39 Likes

Fantastic work !

How many hours do you estimate you put into this ? (just curious)

Thank you for sharing

DougE

2 Likes

Thanks Douge ,Around 45 hours about two hours a day I started middle of February,probably I start working on poly paint a bit

The exact same word that DougE used to describe your result popped into my head so now I have to find another superlative - “Brilliant!” The result of your time, skill and effort is a 3D model and 2D render that truly captures the essence of Frazetta and pays respect to what he tried to capture in his works. Raw, physical, gorgeous Romanesque proportions that are sensual without being garish.

If I had one suggestion - and its so minor - add a bit of subtle glow or lighting to Flashman’s eyes and add some surprise into her eyes to enhance the terror/excitement of the moment.

Cannot wait to see whet you do with the textures, lighting and future renders.

Rock on!

1 Like

I appreciate your kind words SODAKZBRUSHER ,thanks a lot,you exactly right faces,especially eyes need more works,I will,This types of paintings very much Depends on colours and materials ,is kind of Hard to get a Good result by only shadows and depth,without using colors,Sometimes I use different depth for Iris and pupil in eyeball for different colours , like green eye or brown

I hope I did not appear to be disrespectful. I admire your skill and fully appreciate the amount of time and effort you probably did to get this to look as beautiful as you did.

I have been a FF fan since late '79 when I learned about him in art school.

Since I joined ZBC I have seen so many Frazetta-inspired models here and the 'net. Your’s is the best and one of the most representative results I have ever seen.

From South Dakota - Ride on!

1 Like

I really appreciate your kindness,I’m glad you like it,it means a lot to me and I hope I can do better in future,many respect SODAKZBRUSHER :pray:

:open_mouth: incredible depiction! Fantastic work once more :clap::clap::clap: Thanks for sharing!
Jaime

1 Like

Many thanks dear Jaime ,I’m Glad you like it:smiley:

I knew you by FARZAD MALEKI? incredible work as always.

1 Like

Yes:slightly_smiling_face:Thanks my friend

Awesome :clap:

1 Like

Wow! it´s Amazing, They are alive! Congrats!

1 Like

I appreciate you CHELI_SANJUAN,:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks PANKAJ:slightly_smiling_face:

Great work, the details and the expressions are top!

1 Like

Thanks CUATROD,cheers. My friend

2 Likes

well done,

1 Like

I appreciate MASART:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like