ZBrushCentral

First Zbrush Goblin head. Take a look...

Side.jpg Hey guys this is my first head all by myself. No reference was used. I started out with a poly cube. I subd it and started sculpting with this image kinda on my mind. I wanted to have a long face. All i was doing i guess just experimenting with Zbrush. How long did it take? hmm for most of you it would take about 2-3 hours?? maybe less…30 min? For me it took about 6.5 hours. As you know i hardly can get around zbrush. I dont even know how to setup my lighting lol…

But hopefully one of these days will come as i go along. There are some very great artists here which inspire me and motivates me to do better as i go along. Hopefully ill better myself and ill end up on your level. But until that happens ill just practice and i wont compare myself to none of you because if i do ill never touch Zbrush again. :slight_smile:

For my first try i know its not a master piece but i am kinda proud of it. Anyways i know it needs some work.

Crits and comments are welcome, and since i am new it would help.

Thanks ahead…

Attachments

front_back.jpg

Over a 170 visited this image and nobody said anything? Come on u can say something…I need to work on my skill so please any crits bad or good would help.

Thanks

I like his head structure, it’s more animal like. I see you have lots of form blocked in, if you could define the structures you have I think you would get more response as things kinda flow together a bit too much right now.

Thanks a lot…yeah i think i will go back and add more detail and ill try to texture the skin.

U know any skin shaders around??

hi,

i’m really not supposed to be responding to this, seeing as how i’m at work and i should be doing…well…work, but i sneak off and visit zbc everyday when i get a chance. heh.

as for your model, the form is looking good, the direction it’s taking is very nice. however there’s still more to be done. my suggestion is to step up your subdivision level and finish sculpting out the form and features of the character. right now isn’t the time to worry about superficial surface details like viens. first perfect the form, then move towards creating those sorts of things.

overall, it looks cool, and I can’t wait to see some updates! good work

Abxy couldnt have said it better…so I am ditto on his comments…get the form clean then detail the critter…more gargoyly lookin to me…but critters are critters and I luv em all…please keep posting your porgression with this piece.
ron

Looks like a great start. As anyone here will likely tell you, if they are honest about it, I do not have a knack for “creatures” or “scary stuff”, so seeing this model (especially as a first attempt) leaves me impressed. I agree with abxy about redirecting your focus for now on sculpting and tend to the finer details later. One suggestion for the veins, etc, is to create a bump map or displacement for them. On a high meshcount, you can get pretty good details and not have to model them. I think…I’m not very learned on displacement yet, though I am trying to learn.

Hey bud about the displacement maps…well so far i am only sculpting in zbrush so i really dont know much about texturing, or using disp maps…So that is why i guess i did the veins like that, plus also i have Zack Patrocks human anatomy DVD and he actually does it like me. He draws it on top of the model. He uses no disp maps. So thats one of the reasons why i modeled it on top of my mesh.

I will get back to modeling now and post a new image of it in a cleaner form.

Thanks a lot guys to keep me motivated.