ZBrushCentral

Banshee

Thought I’d start another model, I found some nice images of a Banshee from Avatar…

Reference.jpg

Attachments

Banshee_01.jpg

Banshee_Mouth.jpg

Coming along nicely…

This is only a Half day quick sculpt…

Banshee_Head.jpg

I think the first eye is a bit big though…

great job…zbrush is the best tool available…continue

Good progress. Your right about the eye, but actually both visible eyes are a tad large, but hey who can say what the variance of eye size among banshees :wink: . After all, were talking about an alien on another world. Great practice project.
Gary

I’ve started texturing and adding more detail to the skin…

more to come :smiley:

[attach=201282]Banshee_Texture.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Banshee_Texture.jpg

Nice Progress

Modeling n Sculpting ok. Work on texture n Render!

:smiley: mooi

groetjes Michael

More progress on the Texturing… and I’ve started messing about with the shaders… something i’ve never done in Zbrush before :confused:

The muscles around the mouth still need some modeling work mind you :smiley:

9.jpg

I think old eye is good. Beast eye not shoot to this character.

Almost Finished…

any crits on things that need changing or improving ?

Banshee_Model.jpg

:smiley: Thanks for the responses so far :smiley:

Attachments

Banshee_Model2.jpg

Taking into account the reference, I think the eye of the beast should be more brilliant, more watery and demonstrating more fierceness. Otherwise I think it’s a great job.

regaRDsss

looking good,but there are a few things slightly off that could really improve this piece,ive done a paintover since it explains better :slight_smile:

Attachments

banshee paintover.jpg

hey i think it is great sculpt, i do not see something that needs to be modified except the eye that looks fake a lot. Great job!

Thanks for the crits guys, :+1:

Here’s my Final Banshee Model…

Might move onto the full body version… :laughing:

Banshee_Final.jpg

Hello,

My name is Zubin and looking at your creation and how you managed to develop it is amazing. I have one question and that is how did you create such a good base mesh in Maya?

Thanks again.

Thanks Zubin :smiley: ,

For the Maya model, I just creates a side profile of the model using poly creating and extrudes and then mirrored it… that way it keeps the geometry clean for going into Zbrush… It also means you have a solid model to use for animation etc.

Hi,

Thanks for your very quick reply. Im very new to sculpting with ZBrush and it all seems very complicated to work out. :lol: You seem to be natural with this software both in sculpting and rendering. Was the leather texture that you added an alpha or was it something else? Do you animate a lot being part of the Microsoft Games Studio? The picture of the model is the beginning of this thread is great, I would love on of them. Where did you get the pic from?

Thanks again for your reply. It is always nice to receive replies from helpful people.

For the leather texture I used a skin/crease texture I have and slowly built it up over the model, then I chopped into some of the more creased area’s with some of the bushes… dam standard etc. As for the Rendering, its just rendered in Zbrush, I messed about with some of the Materials to give a little bit more shine to bring the skin texture out through the black area’s

I animate, but I’m not an animator for Rare (Microsoft), I’m a 3d artist, so any animation I do is for personal projects.

as for the Avatar image at the beginning, I normally scour the internet for image references, texture references etc before I start to model anything…

www.spawn.com

has some good references, Halo Stuff, Dragons, Fantasy etc. it’s worth a look, even if its just to rough out ideas. There are more sites aswell… try searching for sculpting/concept websites.

Hope this helps :smiley:

Hi,

Which software do you use to animate objects? Did you render the Banshee in ZBrush? To make the initial mesh did you use reference images? Sorry about all these questions but I am really interested in how such good quality work is created. :smiley: Today I sketched the different views of the banshee to use as reference images (sketching is one thing that I am good at :cool: ).

Thanks very much and have a good day.

Regards Zubin
:slight_smile: