ZBrushCentral

Amelia

Hello​:wave: , happy to present my latest work: Amelia.
a regency-era character of relatively high social status.
For high-res renders and videos, you can check my Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1xxR33

This project started out over a year ago as a texturing practice for substance designer (creating lace), but after I finished the dress, I thought it would only be complete when a character is wearing it.

So I set out to create the character: The face was obviously the biggest hurdle to overcome, and while trying to dodge the uncanny valley, I had to remake the face and re-adjust it A LOT (which taught me not to get too attached to any iteration I make because sometimes it just sucks and you have to start again).
PS: Still not 100% happy with the face.

The hair was also incredibly challenging because of how complicated and tangled it is, as well as how buggy Xgen can be. had to experiment with a few different approaches to get the result I wanted.

There’s a lot of new workflows and tricks I’ve learned while creating this character, so I plan to make a new Artstation post that’ll serve as a Breakdown/Tutorial because i can’t include everything in this post.

all in all, this is the biggest deep dive I’ve done into everything I know about 3D Character Art , and at the end, I’ve managed to keep my sanity for the most part and I’m also proud of the final result (kinda)

C.C. and questions are welcome.
Thanks!

sculpted in Zbrush face textured in Mari using Vface from TexturingXYZ dress Simulated in Marvelous Designer & sculpted in Zbrush dress pattern created in Substance 3D Designer dress texturing in Substance 3D Painter hair is made using Xgen and finally rendered in Maya using Arnold renderer.

5 Likes

Great piece @Mourad shows the effort poured in it by the fantastic result :clap:
Jaime

1 Like

Thank you @Jaime , glad you liked it !