ZBrushCentral

3d printed on glowforge laser engraver

I’ve seen people make 3d images that look 3d but are flat and engraved. Does anyone here know how to do that and can you provide some instruction?

Hello @Electronic_Chaos,

Are you asking how to create a 2D image that looks flat and engraved? This can be done simply in ZBrush, as well as most image editors.

In ZBrush you wouldn’t even need 3D geometry. You could simply fill a 2.5D layer with Pixols (Color> Fill Layer), select the 2.5D Alpha brush, assign a dragrect stroke type and whatever shape you want to engrave into the surface as an alpha. Then simply draw out the shape with negative depth on the surface, paint and render as desired.

If you are asking how to do this for an actual 3D mesh, you’ll need to be more specific about what you want to achieve. There are countless ways to inset detail into the surface of a 3D mesh in ZBrush.

Thank you

ChristmasNativity10x12

Here is an example of what I’m trying to do. Keep in mind that I’ve opened Zbrush once and have no clue even where to start.

1 Like

Maybe what you’re looking for is how to create a bas-relief. Here’s one approach by a Zbrush livestreamer Sculpting Organic Jewelry Designs with ZBrush - Nacho Riesco Gostanza

Also, if you’ve never used Zbrush before then I’d suggest you catch up on the basics with Michael Pavlovich Intro to Zbrush

Another great resource is Pixologic’s ZClassroom

Finally, bas-relief made easy was revealed in a sneak preview at the recent Zbrush Summit. Due out in the next release, not yet dated. Check out the details here New ZBrush Features First Look! - 2021 ZBrush Summit - Pixologic Presentation Day 3

Have fun.

Lots of information, thank you SO much, I truly appreciate it.

hey,
this is awesome . can someone send me the file?