ZBrushCentral

Pyramid Head's Sketchbook.

Nice work man!

Suggestion: maybe fix a little the bust part… as in widen the shoulders a little and fix the neck because its a little confusing at the moment… the face is there but than when you look overall it reminds me about that type of cartoon where the body is in background, somewhere small and than the foreground is covered by the face.

I just think that it would help you and the viewers to see the model better.

But, again, likeness its really good! Congratz!

hey man… I think you are getting into that phase where you start to overthink your model… I think you have the base form perfect on post 16… the last post the proportions start to drift away from your original inspiration… I think you should go back to you post 16 iteration and just start detailing the ears then the surface detail… pores and wrinkles… remember that subtractive is better… well, in my experience when doing skin, subtractive alphas are always better… and take your clay brush, set it to a strength of 1-4, then go over the skin just to break up the smoothness, to add that slight bumpy quality to it… might take a few goes to get the effect you want… do that first, then the pores… then you will have what you are going for. I know what its like to keep messing with a model and to keep doubting it and to keep messing with it again. it sucks… just breathe… and youre good to go. you have the form down. trust me. don’t over think it. trust yourself. :wink: it looks perfect… the rest of what you want out of the model will come from depth of field and a good render. and if you are going for it, a good texture.

It’s a bit late but thanks mjolnir for your advices, you were totally right. Since I have learn a lot on facial anatomy, I hope it will appear on my futur works. :slight_smile:

Here’s a new WIP, inspired by The Banner Saga.

Vaarl01.jpg

A little update ! Critics a very welcome. Thx ! :slight_smile:

Vaarl04.jpg