ZBrushCentral

GoZ - with Photoshop Support

Would be awesome and wonderful with Goz for maya 2014, especially now when Nex is built into maya. Now i just do it the normal way (export obj) but it would be a timesaver with goz

I read it too late. :frowning: Now only ZB reinstal will help?

In your ZBrush 4R6 folder there’s a folder called Troubleshoot Help. Within that is a folder called GoZ and within that is a folder called Pixologic. This Pixologic folder is the one that got deleted when you uninstalled the older version.

If you are on Windows, copy the Pixologic folder to C:\Users\Public
If you are on Mac, copy the Pixologic folder to Users/Shared

Next, you’ll need to make sure that all user accounts have full read & write permission for the Pixologic folder and its contents. The way to do it on Windows varies between OS versions. On Mac you select the Pixologic folder and press Cmd+I to Get Info. At the bottom of the info window is a section for sharing and permissions and at the lower right of that is a padlock. Click the lock and enter your admin user name/password. Now set the Everyone user group to Read & Write. Then click the gear icon underneath and choose “Apply to Enclosed Items”. If the Everyone user group is already Read & Write, change it to something else (it doesn’t matter what), apply to enclosed items, change it back to Read & Write, then apply to enclosed items again.

That should restore GoZ functionality. If you still have trouble, you will need to reinstall 4R6.

@ aurick : What would those same steps be for the windows version?

Aurick, thanks for this. Had a different issue with GoZ where it wouldn’t install for any of my applications, but this did the trick.

Thank You Aurick :slight_smile:

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with Goz all of a sudden…

Goz is not running in the PhotoShop SC6

I tried to reinstall Goz in ZBrush but no result…

What this window means?

gozPhoto.jpg

I’m not pretty confident with the scripts, could you help me fix this problem?

I would appreciate any helpgoz.jpggoz1.jpg

Attachments

goz.jpg

goz1.jpg

gozPhoto.jpg

I had problems when I first loaded ZB6 but someone informed me of an update patch. I used this link and it’s working fine again.

http://pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/zplugins/#zbrush4r6.php

You will find in the Troubleshoot help folder located in the root folder of ZBrush a GoZ installer app.
execute it and it should fix your problem.

Hi everyone!

Could you help me to fix the problem Goz to Photoshop?

Who knows what this window means?

Because I’m really don’t get it

I would appreciate any help!

Attachments

I sent this in to support, but figured I’d ask here as well, just in case anyone had any input:

I am using zBrush 4R6 and Adobe Photoshop CS6 (x64) Creative Cloud edition on Win8 x64

When I use GoZ to send my model into Photoshop there is no problem. I make my changes, paint on the model, everything works fine.

However when I go to automate -> GoZPlugin, zBrush shows no change after reimporting the texture.

zBrush is visibly reloading the texture, and goes through the process, but no changes are made, and the texture file remains unchanged from before it was sent into Photoshop.

EDIT*

After watching the C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZProjects\Default folder on GoZ export and import, it seems that the texture .tif is not being updated when doing the “automate -> GoZPlugin” step. A .psd is created in the folder with the correct info, but the .tif doesn’t update.

Any ideas on a solution?

Make sure “Use Graphics Processor” is checked under preferences -> performance

Yes! I’ve done it, but unfortunately no result (

GProcessor.jpg

Attachments

GProcessor.jpg

Has this been updated to support 3ds Max 2016?

Hi,

What about modo 901?

Hi,

Not used goz with photoshop for a while and just tried now and receive an error - see pic.
Runinng zbrush 4R7 P3.

goz.jpg

Any thoughts on what would fix it?

Cheers
El-d

You have to open C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop, and then open the “Plug-ins” folder and create a folder named “GoZ”. Copy the file “C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\Photoshop\GoZPlugIn[64].8li” into the newly created “Plug-ins\GoZ” folder (for Photoshop 32-bit and for Photoshop 64-bit, do this operation for both versions).
And then download and install GoZ (last version) from Pixologic :: Download Center
This has helped me and I hope it will help you too ))

Anyone know if following the 4r7 installation steps will correct the 4r8 issues??? Since P2 no shadow passes, backlights…etc only a single material pass and masks populate on the Photoshop end. Also, during the process, the document tends to zoom/resize itself…

Could part of the problem be a directory issue??? Since I have Zbrush installed on my D: drive, could the script be written for a spot on the C: drive??? Is there a way to view the script, make changes???

Okay, so I was able to “force reinstall” GoZ for Photoshop, but had to run Zbrush as administrator in order for Zbrush to Photoshop CC to function. After I did that I double checked the Install Log in my C:user profile folder. The log stated that there was an error installing Photoshop originally and after it was clear of any statement. The only issue now is it will populate the PSD file with all but the overwrited materials which I just work around by changing materials, BPR and save those passes. I just drag those into the material group section of the PSD within Photoshop. It does now include the various Light passes, masks, Color Bump…

So, it takes some of the work out of compiling a PSD project file, but why not just create a plug in that you could build your own PSD file as you do seperate passes in Zbrush??? This seems far overdue as the majority of concept workflow is to do post work in Photoshop.