ZBrushCentral

Dwarf and Bear WIP

You are only 17 ?

Thanks for replies guys! Glad you like, although I agree jseverson about the pose, I’ll have to root his feet properly to the ground and enhance the pose and proportions. Also I realized his head is too small for Dwarvish proportions lol but it’s still WIP I guess.

And Super Glitcher, I’ll get to posting profile shots of the separate subtools here soon hopefully (I agree especially the gun doesn’t show), with some wires and eventually other angles too. The body base mesh was superaverage man while all the accessories were box-modeled in Silo by the way so there’s nothing too special with topology.

A lot of alpha work was involved, using hyper-broque detail alphas from AsileFX and also lots from other texture packs that you can purchase or download such and some alphas you can make out of images of ornaments etc within photoshop. Brushes used for alpha work were standard brush with drag stroke, and very careful use of stitch tool example along rims etc.

Of course all this needed loads of geometry the total is 30 million polys approx and of course this had a huge toll on performance eventually lol. It took me ages to get the angle at high resolution and then take the render, it was torture lol took an hour just to get this shot thats why I dont have many angles so far and I aint exactly on a super PC (just average 1G RAM 2.7Ghz dual core processor only) So, like you were asking 4lorez, lots of patience basically. But I went through similar experience with a previous project of mine Dragonite WIP which had 40million polys, even more detailed it was I think.

I don’t know how much I spent on it so far Illumicmat, just a bit every day or other day for 2 weeks I think, thanks anyway

And gpepper, I’ll take your question a a compliment I guess lol thanks.

And Piz, Sloth, negativecreep* - thank you guys :smiley:

darukin, thanks for making such a thorough reply!!
looks amazing + can’t wait to see more :smiley:
u should be really proud of this!

it is !

Wonderful work, but its a dwarf!!! KILL!! I’d say Horde FTW and all that :stuck_out_tongue:

Good job :slight_smile:

well done!

Hi again.

Thanks mDale and Carsten Lind btw :smiley: glad you like. Lol Carsten so you’re a horde!

Here are a few close-ups of some of the separate accessories:

Oh by the way I know the beard needs more sculpting probably but leaving that for later at the moment.

DwarfHeadFront.jpg

Attachments

DwarfVest.jpg

DwarfRifle.jpg

DwarfBelt.jpg

DwarfShoe.jpg

Really great details Darukin!!!
You should send a demo to Blizzard! :smiley:

I love your Barochesque Style… and damn! I must change my PC… I can’t do nothing more 4/5 million of polys… :frowning:

Ciao! :+1:

Thanks Piz :smiley:

4-5 million per tool or per subtool you can’t work with more with though?

Because here I can’t work with more than 3-4 million per subtool.

Sigh! It’s my maximum limits Darukin… 4/5 million for a complete character… Really I must change my old PC. :frowning:

Just revisiting this tool which I never completed :stuck_out_tongue:

Here I fixed pose a bit:

[DwarfFront.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘105279’,‘DwarfFront.jpg’,1,0))

Looks excellent love the idea.His details are great.The musket gun with blade is really nice…Love that old viking style beard.Really good work.

hey there:

That’s awesome modelling there… I love the facial expression especially… you nailed the grumpy expression of the dwarf… lovely work

Depending on the camera angle and the perspective distortion, I might be wrong. But I think that the right leg is longer than the left leg, you might want to pull the right leg a tad closer to the body. And although the left hand is further away from the camera, it looks larger than the right hand… juz minor nitpicks though…

hope to see the bear soon!!

Thanks for replies guys! About the legs, I think it’s perspective bias because it looks ok to me in ortho. But about the hands, I noticed that you may be right johnckl3D thanks will fix soon.

Just 2 more angles here though:

[DwarfAngle2Grey.jpg]DwarfAngleGrey.jpg

Wonderful work and very nice :+1: :+1: :+1:

Great Work Buddy! I love this model! :slight_smile:

Thanks all, glad you like! :smiley:

I think it’s about time to texture him though :wink:

nicw work man keep it up

Great work, Are you still going to show us the bear? :smiley:

Hey guys thanks for replies.

And lol about the bear, it was my original intention but it depends now if I get the time, i’m busy with some other things currently :wink: and then I feel like texturing him first also now lol but original composition intention was to have bear with him like dwarf hunter. Anyway we’ll see but maybe later :smiley: thx again