ZBrushCentral

TimeSplitters 4 Characters

Hello!

These are a couple of in game characters from the latest installment to the ‘TIMESPLITTERS’ series, which sadly won’t be going ahead.

High-res design sculpts were created in ZBrush, in-game geometry built in Maya.

First up, Ye Olde Wench from medieval castle era:

thumb.jpg

I’m available from January for freelance contract work, so please get in touch! smith_r_j@hotmail.com

Attachments

wench.jpg

wench01.jpg

wench02.jpg

wench03.jpg

sheriff_comp.jpg

Very cool :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about Free Radical.

Some really nice work - good luck in the new year. :slight_smile:

Lovely work. It’s a shame we won’t be seeing it in the game it was intended for

Great models and textures :+1: , wish to see more stuff like that.

Very nicely done! Love the wench! Great textures and design.
-ShaneO

Aww I loved the Timesplitters series. Great character designs. What’s the extra extruded poly’s near hear mouth? What does that do? She looks like she was built for an ingame jiggle deformer too. :smiley:

What a shame. Judging from this stuff, TS4 would have been a hoot. Great stuff mate. Sorry to see the end of Free Radical.

LOL very good models

As an ex employee (and former Timsplitters artist) it deeply saddens me to hear what has happened recently. I was looking foward to seeing which direction you guys would go with 4 :frowning: so it is nice to see some of the art.

Good luck in the future to you and all my old friends the work/worked at Free Radical

Sorry about the layoff. I was really upset when I heard the news. I loved the entire Time Splitters games much like everyone else. Too bad Time Splitters 3 didn’t come out before Haze. I guess in these tough times even the video game industry gets effected.

Good luck to you and your future endevors.

Love the style! Beautiful sculpting. Pity this was let go.

mokthemagicman sorry to be anal :smiley:

Timesplitters 3 did come out before Haze :smiley: did you mean TS4?

Whoops. Sorry. Your right.

Wow, amazing works here. Love the sheriff, very cool gamemodeling. Can you plz show your normal maps? :o How do you managed that overlapping subtools? Would be great to got some tipps here.
I wish you the best

Ha Ha Ha! As I scrolled down throught the images and saw the lovely “jigglies”, I thought, “This guy must be from the UK”… and I was right! The Brits do seem to appreciate the natural, erm, big 'uns. I really hope my terminology and Brit stereotyping hasn’t offended anyone, especially the ladies. I just had an intuition. :slight_smile:

That said, I really like the modeling you’ve done and the detail in all of the figures. I don’t know anything about gaming or the artwork associated with it, but I can certainly appreciate good work when I see it. Triple :+1:

Some great art there! I was sorry to hear what happened recently with free radical also. You have great talent and good luck in your future endeavors.

looks fantastic… sorry to hear about free radical. I was really looking forward to TS4.

Stunning work!!

Thanks everyone for your support. It is a huge shame this project will now not see the light of day, and I’m glad the guys who worked on it aren’t the only ones who feel that way!

Womball: That extra geometry was for some facial animation testing I was doing. We were working on a simple face rig that would allow her to smile and give her nice dimples without using blendshapes. I’ll see if I can dig out some images.

LinuXr17:
I tend to sample 1 subtool at a time, or even part of a subtool. Whatever works to avoid interfering geometry really. Then I stick everything back together in photoshop afterwards.

Wench normal maps:

[attach=118519]1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=118520]2.jpg[/attach]
[attach=118521]3.JPG[/attach]
[attach=118522]4.JPG[/attach]

Sheriff:

[attach=118523]5.jpg[/attach]
[attach=118524]6.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.jpg

6.jpg

Cool work!
It was sad to hear what happened to you guys at free radical :confused:
I wish you good luck on your future jobs!